Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I'm alive...

It's been a LONG time since I have posted (I know, I know), but I am going to try and be better! I will say, my not posting has not been for a lack of things going on in my life. We have been busy, busy, busy. Here is a run down of some of the more recent things. Caroline turned 2 this month! We had a Wonder Pets themed birthday party with lots of friends and family. Caroline LOVES the Wonder Pets and it was so cute watching her look at all the decorations when she woke up from her nap! I found a GREAT cake if I must say so myself. If you ever need a cake and are in the area, let me know!

We also took Caroline on her 1st plane ride to see family in South Carolina! I must say, in true "me" fashion, I was SUPER nervous about the flight. We took the cheap route and did not buy her her own seat like we were supposed to since she is 2, so I was pretty nervous that she would want no part of sitting in my lap for 2 hours. I was thinking between her being her hyper little self and karma getting back at me for "lying", I was sure to be in for it, but she did a GREAT job. Got lots of great advice from people who have done it before; packed sugar-free/low sugar snacks, toys, colors, stamps, stickers, books, dvd player, Spiderman, pacis, night-night, etc. The best advice by far was the benadryl for sure! Felt kinda bad about giving her medication when she really didn't need it, but here is a picture of her 30ish minutes before the flight
She was passed out! Woke up for the flight, but so content with sitting with me. We were very surprised. Trip to SC was great!! All and all it was a great trip and everyone just loved her and she LOVED them, especially John "the panda!" She loved to say that "panda eat bamboo!" If I ever get video loaded I will post a video of her entertaining everyone at dinner one night singing her ABCs. Pretty stinkin cute!! Flight home was even easier than the flight there, she slept for the majority of the flight, thanks to the benadryl I am sure! Well enough for tonight. Hope you enjoy and I will try to be better! Don't give up on me...

No comments:

Post a Comment