Wednesday, December 2, 2009

We have heat!!

Our heater has not been working for the past few days and it's been pretty freakin cold here! Woke up this morning and it was like 65 degrees in our house. Makes for getting out of bed pretty tough, but sitting on toilet even tougher...chilly buns! We had someone come over tonight and work on it. Thomas wasn't at home while the guy was here fixing it and I'll tell ya, I was not a fan of having to deal with that, but it's done, it cost a pretty penny, but we have heat and I don't have to walk around my house anymore like that kid on A Christmas Story who "can't put my arms down."

Caroline and I watched Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer together tonight. It was really sweet. She curled up in my lap and kept telling me she wanted to watch Christmas every time the commercials would start. She would also ask where the snowman, reindeer, and Santa went after the "scene" changed.

Another cute story--this past weekend, my in laws came over for dinner and my MIL was showing Caroline my nativity scenes and pointing out baby Jesus, Mary, and Joseph. Well yesterday, Caroline told me she wanted to see Baby Jesus! So I scooped her up and took her over to one and she proceeded to tell me who baby Jesus was, as well as Mary and Joseph. This kid's memory amazes me! She remembers so much of what we say to her and the thing is, she remembers it several days later. That's just amazing to me!!

2 comments:

  1. so, i thought the title of the postt said, we have a HEARTBEAT....and i was like, WHAT!!??!!? In a happy way of course, silly me! Glad you have heat though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new picture at the top!

    ReplyDelete