Monday, July 13, 2009

No real news yet...

So we went to the dr with my dad last Tuesday to get the results from the thoracentesis. The test results came back inconclusive, so he had to go into the hospital for another procedure last Thursday where they went down his throat and took pieces of the masses for biopsy. They indicated it would be yet another 2-5 days until we get the results (go figure). We have a dr appt this Friday, so this will be a long week! Once we get the actual diagnosis, we can start discussing treatment options. The dr did say that his course of treatment could be tricky because his red blood cell and platelet counts are still so low from his 1st round of chemo he had a year or so ago for the leukemia. He seems to be feeling a little better with a bit more energy than he has had, but he still is feeling pretty bad I think. No update on the heart issues he is having. They want him to get this issue diagnosed 1st and then we would tackle that afterwards.

It's been hard putting my feelings about "not knowing" yet into words...it's like since I don't have a diagnosis yet, I still have this shred of hope that the dr will come back and say they were wrong and it's just plain pneumonia, but unfortunately I don't think that is too realistic at this point. I am having a hard time thinking about other things than this. Work is tough because it just isn't important right now, but I need it to try and keep my mind off of things even if it doesn't work all that great right now. Things like this really put things into perspective.

So I guess that's all for now. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers and just ask that you keep on praying for him.

A cute Caroline story to end on a positive note: she has started putting Thomas and I "to bed." It's really cute. She will come up behind us and push on us and tell us to "lay down." If you don't she gets frustrated with you for sure. When you do lay down, she will put blankets on you and lay down next to you and pat you (hard), while singing "goodnight mama, goodnight mama." If you get up before she is ready for you too, she will push you down and in a more firm voice, tell you to "lay down!" She does it to me, Thomas, and the dog. It's pretty stinking cute!

2 comments:

  1. Amy...I will pray for your Dad AND your family.
    I am so sorry to hear about this. I also have a blog www.rastafamx6.blogspot.com . Love yours!!!!Jana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang on to those Caroline stories. They will make you smile. And when you're feeling down, just look at a picture of Caroline and I'm certain you'll feel renewed. I know it's hard, but try to be in good spirits when you're with your dad. Each moment is a gift and I try to remind myself to be happy about each moment I have with my loved ones - particularly Luke, Evie and George, who will only be with me for about 18 years, which is really just a drop in the bucket of my life. Hang in there girl - these really are the good times even though it may not feel like it.

    ReplyDelete