Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

We had a great Father's Day weekend! My company gave out free tickets to the zoo this weekend, so we ventured out Saturday morning before it got too terribly hot. I HATE being hot and can be huge whiner when out in the heat, but I have to admit it wasn't so bad since we got there when it 1st open at 9 AND as long as we were in the shade. Caroline's favorite animal was the tiger! The tiger was actually sleeping when we went by the exhibit, but she kept yelling "tigga, tigga" and continued to do at all of the cat exhibits, whether it be a leopard, lion, jaguar whatever...she kept calling for "tigga!" She also really liked the zebra, elephants, and giraffe. She kept doing the signs for elephant and giraffe and making the sounds for all of the various animals we saw. She loved the petting zoo (or "goat petting") and got into their big water bowl at one point. She has this fascination with water bowls...we can't leave Bo's water out at home or she will be all into it. She even tipped over one of my dad's bird baths today and got quite a surprise and was pretty soaked!

Sunday we went to church and lunch with the Martins and Dunhams. Kate and Caroline sat together at lunch and I totally felt sorry for the people that had to clean up after them! I am sure they were cursing us by the time we left...I know I would have! There was food everywhere! After lunch we went over to my folk's house. I got my dad some stuff for his new found hobby since retirement....birds! I swear I think all retired people love birds. It must be a prerequisite for retirement. So my dad seems to be doing a little better, but just looks so pale to me. I am going to take him to the dr tomorrow for his antibiotic shots. My mom's uncle passed away early this morning, so she will be headed up to Dallas and flying out with my aunt to Arizona on Tuesday. It was a total battle to get him to "agree" to let me take him to the dr tomorrow, but I finally wore him down I think and am just going to show up. He surely won't turn me down then.

I am excited about the cool gift I got Thomas for Father's Day! It's a cooking class for us at this place called Hubbell and Husdon in The Woodlands! Thomas is an amazing cook, so I thought this would be fun for us to try out. We will be cooking lobster, steak, asparagus, soufflés. I will probably not do all the great, but should be fun!

I will end this post tonight by saying that I am very lucky to have Thomas in my life and the father of my children. He is such a wonderful father and I love nothing more in this world than to see he and Caroline together. Her eyes light up when her father walks in the room! So here are some of my favorite pictures of them together! Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Those are great photos! Sounds like you all had a wonderful weekend! I just love those kinds of days. My mom is retired and into birds too; that is weird. I hope your dad feels better soon, but pneumonia is really tough to kick and it must be 10x harder with his condition. Hang in there. Hopefully the antibiotics will help today. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOO CUTE! Glad yall had a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete